The Baltimore Sun has an immediate opening for a creative and energetic print designer to helps us grow. Over the past two years, we have added a Sunday features section, increased the number of pages in our Sunday A-section and added a magazine. This designer would have opportunities to flourish in all sections of the paper.
- Design engaging section covers and inside pages
- Champion good visual storytelling
- Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues in other departments and assist in advance planning
- Awesome design skills
- Strong technical skills in Abode Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience in daily journalism
- CCI Newsgate knowledge a plus
- Infographic and illustration skills also a plus
- Strong journalistic principals
The Baltimore Sun, which just celebrated its 175 anniversary, is an entrepreneurial newsroom where new ideas are welcomed and put into practice with little delay. Join our team and add to the discussion.
We are hoping to move swiftly on this hire, so please message me quickly if you are interested. Applicant should message me at firstname.lastname@example.org
JAY JUDGE Head of Visuals
The Baltimore Sun and baltimoresun.com
501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore, MD 21278